Ma réservation

La Galerie B&B

La Galerie route de Lherm, Catus, Lot, 46150, France

Local Amenities

Local Facilities

Catus Village

Catus Village

The River Vert runs through the charming village of Catus and through the Lac Vert leisure lake close to La Galerie. Catus, once a fortified town, boasts a beautiful, historic 16th century church and has many amenities. These include a post office, a restaurant "L'Auberge", a bakery, a butcher, a pharmacy, a newsagent, a small supermarket, a vinotier, a hair salon, a bank, a tourist office and a popular Tuesday morning market.

Lac Vert

Lac Vert

La Galerie is 1km from the leisure lake and beach “Lac Vert” in Catus. As well as swimming and fishing in the lake, there are pedaloes and canoes for hire. It also has a lakeside café bar by the beach, and two restaurants with views overlooking the water. Free activities at the lake include two floodlit tennis courts, a basketball / five-a-side football court, a football pitch, volleyball and table tennis.

Regional Restaurants

Regional Restaurants

Serving the regional gastronomy of the Lot, the local area has a wonderful choice of good restaurants. In the village of Catus is the friendly L’Auberge, serving good regional cuisine. In the nearby village of Les Arques is the popular La Recreation and in Castelfranc, La Vigne Haute also serves good regional cuisine. There are numerous restaurants, bistros and café bars in the town of Cahors to the east, and close by in the countryside and in the larger villages of Prayssac and Puy l’Evêque to the west.

Restaurant Le Gindreau in the neighbouring village of Saint Médard is probably the best restaurant of the region, serving traditional and inventive gourmet cuisine with two Michelin stars.

Cahors Vineyards

Cahors Vineyards

The majority of the Cahors vineyards are to the west of Cahors along and above the Lot valley. Because of the deep, intense colour of Cahors wines it is sometimes known as “Black Wine”. The Malbec grape is the main variety grown in this area and makes up 70% of an AOC Cahors wine. The varieties of Merlot and Tannat make up the remaining 30% of the Cahors AOC. The Cabernet Franc and Gamay varieties are also grown here. However not all wines produced in this region are red, the vineyards of the Lot valley also produces some excellent rosés with more body than those produced further south and also some good crisp white wines too.

Château Nozières is just one of many good vineyards and caves producing the deep dark red wines of the Cahors region with the Malbec grape. Château Nozières is a family run business producing Cahors wine for four generations. They produce a selection of excellent reds, rosés and white wines. Situated near the small medieval town of Puy l’Evêque in Vire-sur-Lot, it is well worth a visit for a tasting.

 
Défiler vers le haut